Monday, July 13, 2009

The Blog Slacker is Back!


Alright, I know I have been neglecting this space for way to long. Instead I have spent quite a bit of time outside in the dirt, cultivating & growing as much food as I possibly can. If I am not in my garden then I have been in someone else's. I have to say, I would rather be away from the computer than on it, dirt or clay under my finger tips is much more satisfying then keyboard induced carpal tunnel.

I have however, been taking lots of photo's so I will attempt to catch up in my next posts. For now, I will share with you some of my favorite images that have come from my newest I-photo application that I am loving these days, thanks to my friend Emil who turned me onto it. Its called Shake It Photo, it simulates the polaroid experience I can't believe how well it takes pictures and how beautiful the colors are. If you have an i-phone its a must have app !

What's been growing at my house...

Beets



Green Onions





A salad every night



Green Beans




Our first cucumber



The Beach






The Del Mar Fair









Alan's newest growth... love it



The ultimate kid summer pastime, The Lemonade Stand





Alright then, back outside, hope your summer is great !

6 comments:

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aaryn b. said...

Great shots. Makes me wonder what the hell I'm doing with so much equipment when all I really need is an iPhone....

Lauren said...

TAKE TWO:

Welcome back - I am still very much in Slack mode....

I have been meaning to send you this - somehow I have a feeling you might be visiting my hometown some summer for the Seed Savers annual convention and camp out - they even have a bunch of great kid's activities. If only I was into gardening....

Lauren said...

Hey the link didn't publish! Suddenly this comment thing has gotten quite complicated: http://www.seedsavers.org/Content.aspx?src=conference_speakers.htm

CJ Lucke said...

Fantastic photos! Especially the kids on the rides .. need to put up in your house ..

ma otter said...

mighty mighty photos! and beautiful growing food. welcome back!